Hello you!
One question: What does perfection mean to you? Who or what makes somebody "perfect"?
A well-toned body? Curves? Boobs or booty? Muscles? Smooth skin? Big eyes?...
False perfection comes in many shapes.
Personally, I asked myself this question a lot, especially during the last year.
Nowadays, social media like Facebook or Instagram make it easy to create an image of the "perfect" human. And in our daily lifes, we all, boys and girls, are confronted with this image.
It seems like someone's body was able to decide wheather he or she gets success, power, respect and acceptance.
And at that point, it becomes problematic.To be realistic, just a few of us are born with the perfect body or (if not so) have enough discipline to stay working on themselves until they reach the absolute optimum.
And if that is not enough, Photoshop and Co. are there to blow off even the last tiny bit of absolutly natural fat.
For the others, not so privileged, the sad thought of not being able to satisfy today's requirements, stays.
The thought of not being perfect.
But that is absolutly unnecessary, isn't it? And even if we know it deep inside, that this could never be real, it is often the small perfectionist in us who wins and says: "Man, that pizza last night was nothing but bad! Shame on you."
This is how we fall then deeper and deeper into the chasm. Skinnier, prettier, more popular, more perfect...
We've lost the ability to swim against the tide, to accept ourselves without looking at the others. Because nobody's perfect! There is always something "edgy" and that is, what makes us pretty, interesting, perfect unperfect.
I always have to remind myself to scale down my own expectations, to be ambitious but not crazy.
Although I always work on myself, it is only possible when I accept and love today's me, Lili 1.0.
Just as I am.
What do you think about that? Leave a comment :)
xoxo your Lilith
Did you like my post? Give a like or subscribe to read more ;)
I just found your blog and read your text and omg you're so right and you find exactly the right words. Of course nobody's perfect and we all should love ourselves. I always try to remind myself of that but often it's really really hard idk. I feel very self-conscious so many times and i really don't like my body, even if i'm not fat or something. I have curves and i'm a little bit sturdy and i hate that. But idk i can't do anything. No matter how hard i try, somehow it doesn't work even if i do lots of sports and try to eat healthy all the time and thats something really exhausting and unsettling for me..
AntwortenLöschenFor example i would love to have your body, you have in my point of view the perfect one... (saw you on instagram haha)